Host A Concert
LIVE MUSIC IS MAGICAL IN MANY DIFFERENT SETTINGS. A LIVING ROOM, BACKYARD, OR ANY OTHER STRIPPED-DOWN SPACE IS A PARTICULARLY ENCHANTING WAY TO EXPERIENCE MUSIC.
House concerts are a unique way to experience music and connection in a cozy, intimate atmosphere. Listen with friends, family, and your local community in a relaxed setting of your choosing. There is no such thing as the "perfect space" - just aim for something that can comfortably fit about 20+ people. It could be open to the public, or just those you invite. There are many ways to host, so feel free to get creative!
Interested in hosting? Here are some fun options to consider when planning your event:
- Concerts can be held in homes, yoga studios, shops, garages, attics, art galleries, libraries, church halls, barns, community gardens, anywhere! The uniqueness of the venue is part of the charm.
- Sit on the floor, couches and other furniture you have in the space, cushions, blankets, or folding/camping chairs.
- You could provide appetizers, drinks, desserts, or ask guests to bring dishes for a potluck and B.Y.O.B..
- Some lighting is also a nice touch. Don't feel like you have to install a professional lighting system - christmas lights and lamps do the trick and create a warm aesthetic.
- House concerts are often completely acoustic, but sometimes a small P.A. system can work well in the space. If we're driving we can provide this, or you can usually rent something simple from a local music store.
- You can invite guests through personal emails, phone calls, a private or pubic Facebook event, or Evite - whatever you're most comfortable with! If it's open to the public we can help you get the word out too.
- In order to make things work financially, we ask for a guaranteed amount for the night in addition to CD sales. Often, guests contribute a previously agreed upon "suggested donation" when they come through the door (something like $15-25 per person) - other times, the host chooses to cover the amount themselves.
If you're interested in hosting, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org OR submit through the contact form below.